Solved

14 days cooling off but charged

• 5 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I bought a S24 in Currys but returned it 3 days later because of the bank holiday ( I will stay with iPhone )

now my final bill has arrived and it’s £44.99 equal to 1 months line rental , after speaking to customer care they said they would give me £7.99 to help

why am I being charged a months rental when I didn’t use the internet and made 1 call ?

Doesn’t make sense to me

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 April 2024, 15:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is because your contract phone was supplied with an active iD SIM card, @Davidalan.

A dubious practice, but iD charge you once you’re connected to their network, which happens at the point the SIM is activated. 

Your call and internet use should’ve come out of the contract monthly allowance, but you should’ve been charged pro-rata up to the point of disconnection from the iD network, @Davidalan.

Seems like you might’ve been over-charged in this case, @Davidalan.    

Userlevel 1

This is because your contract phone was supplied with an active iD SIM card, @Davidalan.

A dubious practice, but iD charge you once you’re connected to their network, which happens at the point the SIM is activated. 

Your call and internet use should’ve come out of the contract monthly allowance, but you should’ve been charged pro-rata up to the point of disconnection from the iD network, @Davidalan.

Seems like you might’ve been over-charged in this case, @Davidalan.    

I would understand if a pro rata  Amount was applied

But it wasn’t

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess it’s something to discuss with Currys store where you originally purchased the S24, although that assumes you’ve got time, and an abundance of will-power, @Davidalan

🍀

Userlevel 1

I just spoke to the agent through live chat yesterday said I have to pay today they said the contract has been terminated and 0 to pay

We will see when the end of the month comes

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Davidalan 

Please let us know if you still require assistance with this so we can get in touch and take a look.

In any case with a return in the cooling off period, you should only be paying for the time spent on the plan, nothing more.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?