Question

25.01 to 28.01

my bill should be £25.01, but next bill will be £28.01?

I thought I signed contract for 2 years

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like some out-of-plan charges or the RPI increase, which iD introduced to pay monthly handset with line rental plans.

Have you looked at a PDF copy your most recent bill?

yeah, there are no extra charges, just monthly price gone up

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well the iD Mobile Terms & Conditions of pay monthly phone contracts include an RPI clause as below:

Have you looked at your contract’s Terms & Conditions?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

At the point of sale from iD online, you’re advised as follows:

yep, it's extra 7.8 %

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The RPI clause was introduced into pay monthly contracts on 01-Mar-2020.

At that time not many people would’ve predicted inflation being 7.8% just over 2 years later.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Inflation hasn't gone up 7.8%. The networks are ripping customers off by adding an additional 3.9% on top. OFCOM are looking into this practice and hopefully it will be banned! Sadly it takes OFCOM years to intervene and it's not long before a loophole is found and us customers get screwed over again.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t think iD do pop on an extra 3.9%, being the exception not the rule in this case.

Shocking I know, but the ONS Inflation and prices indices page has CPI 7% and RPI 9% in March 2022.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I stand corrected. It’s hard to keep up with it all tbh as some follow CPI, others RPI and then there is the additional 3.9% and then… 👀

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, seems most UK telecom utilities use the RPI measure because historically it’s higher than CPI.

Then to rub some salt-in-the-wound, they add an extra 3.9% to RPI - please OFCOM, crack-on...

Why iD Mobile?