Question

£30 sign-up voucher not received

• 21 December 2023
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I joined iD on a SIM only plan at the end of August, which was supposed to include a £30 Currys or Amazon gift card.  According to the email I received as part of the sign-up process (see screenshot below), I should have received details on how to select my reward within 90 days, but I’ve received nothing.

The email I received said to complete an online form if I hadn’t received my voucher within 90 days, which I did over 3 weeks ago, but I’ve still not received any kind of response.

I understand it’s possibly GiftCloud who should have sent me the voucher, but since all communications I’ve received have been “iD” branded, I assume iD should be able to put me in touch with the correct team at GiftCloud to assist me (bearing in mind I’ve already completed their ‘missing voucher’ form but heard nothing back).

Here’s a screenshot of the email:

19 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @amw, section 18 in the online GiftCloud terms & conditions shows email contact details:

In addition, section 16 mentions if you have any questions or have not received your voucher 90 days after your purchase date, please follow the link and complete the form where this will be investigated. https://forms.office.com/e/zx1Nq9br86

🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @amw,

I’ve just discussed this with a member of the team that manages the relationship with Giftcloud, as @andewhite stated, the best approach is to fill in the form on the link provided. The team at Giftcloud will investigate and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Thanks, but as mentioned in my original post, I have already completed that form (3+ weeks ago), but haven’t received a response.

The terms & conditions you’ve listed are different to the ones I received - mine didn’t include a contact email address - I’ll try sending an email to the address you’ve posted and let you know how it goes.

Userlevel 1

@Nikhil P I think our posts crossed over, so not sure if you saw me clarify that I completed that form several weeks ago, and have received no kind of acknowledgement or response from anyone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you signed-in to your GiftCloud account and tried to contact them from there @amw

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @amw,

Sorry, I missed that message. I’ll see if I can get this escalated on our end. Before I do, I just wanted to confirm, is the email address used to register on the Community the same one you used when purchasing plan via GiftCloud? If not, please don’t share you’re email address here. I’ll get one of the team to reach out via direct message, complete verification and get the details needed to escalate the issue. 

Unfortunately. as we’re entering the Christmas holidays, it might take longer than usual to get a response, but I’ll be sure to keep you updated.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

@andewhite I don’t have a GiftCloud account (as far as I’m aware).  If you believe I should have one, I’m guessing that getting that setup is detailed in the voucher redemption instructions that I haven’t been sent.

Userlevel 1

Before I do, I just wanted to confirm, is the email address used to register on the Community is the same one you used when a plan via GiftCloud?

@Nikhil P Yes, the email address for my iD SIM plan is the same email address I’ve used to register on this Community forum.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @amw,

Great, thanks for confirming. Let me see if I can get this escalated, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I hear back. 

Thanks,

Nikhil 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@andewhiteI don’t have a GiftCloud account (as far as I’m aware).  If you believe I should have one, I’m guessing that getting that setup is detailed in the voucher redemption instructions that I haven’t been sent.

You’re not eligible for the Amazon/Currys voucher unless you sign-up for a GiftCloud account - I believe that’s part of the marketing deal between GiftCloud and iD Mobile. 

Perhaps @Nikhil P can verify if this is correct, with the iD Mobile online marketing team?

Userlevel 1

@andewhite I completed the whole sign-up process as per the instructions provided.

The very first step in the entire process was me providing my details to GiftCloud (not to be confused with creating a GiftCloud account, i.e. a username and password).  Once I’d provided my details, that’s when they sent me the email shown in my original post containing the link to use to complete my order.  Ordering via that link was then supposed to ensure my order would be tracked and linked with a valid SIM plan purchase, and would result in me being sent a voucher within 90 days.

There was nothing about creating a spearate GiftCloud account - if there was, I would have done so.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @amw, sorry for any confusion regarding a GiftCloud account. 

Assume you went on to purchase the eligible 12-month SIM only iD plan after clicking through to iD Mobile website, from the affiliate's website (MSE).

Things may have gone wrong if you were using ad-blocking software, a VPN, or had disabled cookies on your device - the sale may not have been tracked correctly.

Hopefully you’ll get a resolution in due course.
🤞

Userlevel 1

Assume you went on to purchase the eligible 12-month SIM only iD plan after clicking through to iD Mobile website, from the affiliate's website (MSE).

@andewhite Yes exactly - I clicked the “Buy Now” button in the email I’d been sent by GiftCloud which took me to the iD website, and then placed my order for the 54GB p/m SIM only 12 month plan.

Userlevel 1

@Nikhil P@andewhite  It’s been over a month now, and I’m still waiting to hear from anyone about my missing £30 voucher.  Is there any news yet? Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @amw, I’m just a forum member like yourself.

I believe the voucher should be provided by a third party (GiftCloud) - perhaps iD can help, though it seems unlikely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @amw,

Can I check if you have been in touch with the team via email on UK-idmobile@awin.com.

If you still don’t receive any update, please let us know and we can see what we can do.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @amw,

Can I check if you have been in touch with the team via email on UK-idmobile@awin.com.

If you still don’t receive any update, please let us know and we can see what we can do.

Kash

Hey @Kash, the email given by GiftCloud in their voucher offer terms seems to be:

uk-idmobile-queries@awin.com 

Can the iD team confirm which email contact details are actually correct?

Userlevel 1

@andewhite Sorry, from your posts I thought you were an iD employee too rather than just a regular forum member - I appreciate you trying to help me out as well.

@Kash I’ve sent an email to both UK-idmobile@awin.com (as you suggested) and also uk-idmobile-queries@awin.com (as per andewhite’s post, just in case one works and the other doesn’t) ...but please note, I haven’t received any emails/literature that mentions either of these email addresses, so would have had no way of knowing to contact them.

@Nikhil P mentioned in December that he’d try to get my case escalated, but still no one has got in touch. with me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @amw,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?