Solved

4G/5G signal low

• 27 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Why is my signal always very low?

I hardly ever get 5G and 4G is showing at the lowest connection.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 October 2023, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It could be network congestion in the locations you’re using your phone @Skash Miller, or maybe a fault in your handset, or perhaps a faulty iD SIM card.

I get good signal outside sometimes even goes to 5g by my home address.

If I'm inside any building or at home not using wifi it just fails completely. And if I'm at work of by work I have no signal at all.

I have never had any problems with previous network providers in the same locations.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Skash Miller, each UK service provider uses different radio frequencies to deliver their mobile network services.  

If you’ve used other providers previously, and had a good service with them, it simply sounds like the iD Mobile signal reception is not as good in the locations that are important to you.

Thank you, okay so I may have to look at my options of switching.

I checked the online coverage checker before purchase to make sure, it come up very good service for 4G and 5G available.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you, okay so I may have to look at my options of switching.

I checked the online coverage checker before purchase to make sure, it come up very good service for 4G and 5G available.

Sadly the online coverage checker only shows you a theoretical prediction of coverage, at any given location, based on computer models.

The https://mastdata.com web site provides access to real-world signal reception, in many locations across the UK.

Why iD Mobile?