4G Calling not working on iPhone 15

• 21 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Community, 

I’ve just moved to iD mobile with my unlocked iPhone 15, it appears 4G calling is not working.

When I make a call, even if I have 3 or 4 bars of 4G, as soon as I make the call it drops to 3G.    

Can someone help point me in the right direction of what the problem could be?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is this happening everywhere you attempt to make or receive a mobile call @Pepstar

It’s possible 4G network congestion is causing your handset to drop to 3G calls.
3G calls are circuit-switched, whereas 4G calls are packet-switched, and require a suitable data connection. 

Once Three UK have turned-off their 3G network (by end of 2024), all calls will be VoLTE (4G Calling) anyway.

Userlevel 1

Is this happening everywhere you attempt to make or receive a mobile call @Pepstar

It’s possible 4G network congestion is causing your handset to drop to 3G calls.
3G calls are circuit-switched, whereas 4G calls are packet-switched, and require a suitable data connection. 

Once Three UK have turned-off their 3G network (by end of 2024), all calls will be VoLTE (4G Calling) anyway.

Thanks for the feedback!

I moved the SIM to another iPhone 4G... Calling worked, then moved SIM back to my normal phone and it worked as well, Wi-Fi calling is also fixed.

Don’t know what i did, but it’s fixed now so all good :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pepstar 

A strange fix but glad to hear it worked.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Might of just been timing and maybe a bit of patience on my behalf lol 

Why iD Mobile?