Solved

5g

Hi all,

I have a question if I upgrade my sim only plan will I receive a new sim as I'm assuming my old sim is not 5g ready? Also why is the upgrade I want on a 12 month plan but a new contract is 1 month Rolling? For the same plan? Seems like loyal customers are being penalised for upgrading to me!!.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 7 June 2021, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Vague 

We can confirm you will be sent out a new sim when upgrading. Furthermore, New plans are not the same as upgrade deals, this is usually due to keeping the same number and being able to upgrade for free 30 days before the plan ends.

-Mohsin

Hi, I’ve come into work this morning and my iPhone 12 is using 5G, the service is slow currently so I’ve manually gone into settings and switched back to 4G only. My question is I don’t see any iPhones currently on the list so should my phone even be doing this? 

sorry I just realised I think I’ve added this on someone else’s post, I’ll try and post separately now

Hi, I’ve come into work this morning and my phone 12 is connecting to 5G. The service is slow so I’ve gone into settings and manually switched back to 4G only, my question is I don’t currently see any iPhones listed as 5G being launched, should my phone even be doing this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Paigehg 

The iD team have not officialy tested the iPhone 12 on 5G services as of yet. If you are receiving 5G and it is slow, we would advise continuing using 4G only for time being. Please keep an eye on our website below as this will be updated once the iPhone 12 has been tested and confirmed for 5G on iD Mobile.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

-Mohsin

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you have a 5G phone and the network provider hasn’t restricted access to it then yes, you will get 5G. If you don’t want 5G then set your phone to use 4G, 3G and 2G (ID Mobile have no 2G service).

On an android you’d do this by going to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network mode and selecting LTE/3G/2G (Auto connect).

Why iD Mobile?