Solved

£6 charge for calling helpline?!

Userlevel 1

There was a long delay between my previous number being active and being recognised on the app, so I called the ID helpline - it was all automated options so I gave up after a minute or so, but was charged £6 immediately, despite it being an ID helpline called from an ID mobile number …. Outrageous !!

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 17 May 2022, 18:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile don't have a help line and neither do they offer phone support. What number did you call?

There is an automated service line where you canake a payment and report a phone lost or stolen but that's it as far as I'm aware.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/automated-services

Userlevel 1

Oh dear … 0901 545 5126 …. I searched online and this page came up top of the list ….

Customer Connection Service To iD Mobile (digi-contact.com)

It looked like an official ID Mobile service to me, but obviously it wasn’t …. maybe I’ve been scammed !!

One to watch out for everyone (maybe ID Mobile should take action against them for “passing off as if they were an official ID Mobile helpline”??)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear … 0901 545 5126 …. I searched online and this page came up top of the list ….

Customer Connection Service To iD Mobile (digi-contact.com)

It looked like an official ID Mobile service to me, but obviously it wasn’t …. maybe I’ve been scammed !!

One to watch out for everyone (maybe ID Mobile should take action against them for “passing off as if they were an official ID Mobile helpline”??)

Oh dear - looks dubious and probably best avoided.

Why iD Mobile?