Question

Account Closed despite plan still active

• 12 January 2022
  • 6 replies

So my phone contract was on another person’s account along with theirs. They passed away in 2020 and when this happened I was able to access their account to close their contract but mine is still ongoing. I tried to login this morning to either upgrade or cancel my contract but when I go to login I get the message “Your iD plan ended more than 6 months ago, so your online account has now been closed. If you need help, please contact us”, so I cannot access the account this contract is on. I am still being billed for my phone and still have full access to data, calls etc. I thought it might be this phone wasn’t registered so I tried that but keeps saying I entered incorrect details (I haven’t). I’d rather not continue paying for this contract when I decide to change to a new phone so I would like to resolve this ASAP. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You can only have one plan per ID Mobile account with a maximum of two accounts per individual with ID Mobile. Sounds like the number/account you’re using is registered to the deceased person and not yourself. If this is true, ID Mobile will not discuss the account with you and to be honest, it should be closed and ID Mobile likely take action to do just that.

If I was you, I would request a PAC via text and port the number out to another network (Pay go). The old account will be closed down - win, win!

Get what you're saying but surely if I do that I will still have to pay ID since the contract hasn't been cancelled? Not doing that

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No, the old account registered in the deceased's name will automatically be closed when you port out. It’s either that or you go through the rigmarole of speaking to ID Mobile, submit a death certificate etc. Only then will they close the account but you risk losing the number.

Do you even want to keep the number?

Ah ok didn’t realise that thanks. So just to confirm, If I port my number over using the PAC, the original account will be closed without me having to do anything else?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Correct, yes. There will be a final bill generated and so don't cancel the direct debit for that has been collected. After that, you're done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Matt Freeland,

As above and what @WelshPaul  mentioned,

Only 1 username is assigned to 1 iD Mobile contract.

So each number needs it’s own user to log-in and manage it.

The old contract let’s call it contract 1, was closed down due to a bereavement.

Logging into the account using the details for this contract will show then that it was closed down x months ago.

Contract 2 has it’s own log-in details or needs to be registered with it’s own to manage it. 

If it’s in the bereaved account holder’s name, then sending over a death certificate will get this cancelled.

If you did want a PAC code and you are out of contract, just text the words:  PAC with the account holder’s DOB as DDMMYY to the number 65075

Use the PAC code to then port your number out of the network.

It’s not possible to port from one iD Mobile plan to another.

If you do have any questions though, give us a shout here, though, I believe @WelshPaul  has managed to answer it already!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?