Solved

Account NOT upgraded!

• 6 December 2022
  • 7 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello, I upgraded my account via the app / website (logged in as me) but I've received a new SIM and number. Which I was not made aware of and missed important calls as a result. I'm now told by my phone that I can't switch the numbers. So I need to close / cancel the new account and return the new handset. But I can't access this new account anywhere as when I log in it just displays my old number? How do I access my new account?? And yes...no Currys voucher here either. Feeling very deceived. And I can't afford to pay for two phone accounts! Seriously don't know how to proceed so any help is gratefully received.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 December 2022, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Barney Traylor, make sure you return your unwanted phone within your cooling off period.

You can do that online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations.

The following forum article explains in more details:

Good luck @Barney Traylor.
🤞🤞🤞 

Return at my cost despite IDs error??

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Return at my cost despite IDs error??

Not sure how you’d prove who’s at fault here @Barney Traylor.

You can return the item in-store at Currys.

Yes, proving and knowing are 2 separate entities...orf to Currys…

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Barney Traylor,

Upgrades via the iD account would replace your contract and provide you with a new handset.

It sounds like a new contract has been ordered in lieu of upgrading.

We can’t tranfer the account over so the only solutions are either cancelling the old contract and losing the number or returning the new contract and re-upgrading.

Mohammed

Thanks. Yes, Curry's have cancelled it and taken the handset back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks. Yes, Curry's have cancelled it and taken the handset back.

No problem @Barney Traylor,

Thanks for letting us know!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?