Solved

account suspended despite bill being paid

Userlevel 1

account suspended due to late payment. after 24hours service still hadnt been reconnected. i got to speak to someone through vulnerable customr department. he told me to remove SIM card and restart phone. this fixed the issue but following day it seems my service is suspended again, and removinf SIM card and restarting phone doesnt help now. i am up to date with my bills. what do i need to do? do i need new SIM card?

Phone im.using is an Oppo model: cph2067

icon

Best answer by Kash 16 January 2023, 14:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SMcDoodle,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset?

If the SIM works in another handset it could be an issue with your handset.

If the SIM doesn’t work in the other handset either it could be the SIM is faulty and you require a replacement.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Replacement SIM was needed. Thanks for your advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SMcDoodle 

Glad to hear you’ve got that sorted, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Hi, My service still suspended after payment been made, why?? and how long it will take to active my service please

Userlevel 1

They say it can take up to 24hrs for reconnection following disconnection due to a late bill payment, but its usually just minutes.

Try turning phone off and on again. Taking SIM card out and putting back in again might also do the trick.

MY PROBLEM STILL ISN'T RESOLVED THOUGH. I ordered a new SIM which worked for a day or two, but now i can only get signal when connected to Wi-fi again.

I put the new SIM in an old phone and it works, so must be a problem with my phone. Im deleting some gaming apps i downloaded recently, in the hope that might help. Dont wanna do factory recet unless i have to.

MY ID MOBILE APP SAYS MY NEXT BILL ISN'T DUE UNTIL MARCH THO. I usually pay manually when i get a text telling me to, sometime during the first week of each month. Ive set up a direct debit now, using their suggested date of 28th of each month.

STILL BIZARRE THAT NEXT BILL ISNT DUE TIL 6th MARCH!

Any advice/suggestions appreciated

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Why wouldn’t you pay via direct debit or just pay on time? You lot are destroying your credit rating.

Userlevel 1

Due to awful socioeconomic circumstances the money would often be unavailable on the due date of direct debits, so paying manually (and usually early) seemed to be the best MO.

...but you're right. Credit rating is probably horrific. Ive set up a DD now, and a separate account just for DDs.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @SMcDoodle 

In reference to your next bill being due in March instead of February, have you changed your billing/direct debit date via the iD mobile app by any chance? This is because once there has been a direct debit change, this takes 30 days to reflect and is applied onto the next billing period.

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

Yes Lauren, i did only set up DD yesterday, and received Confirmation email, but the ID App already said next payment isnt due til 6March.

I think i must have told them i was going to set up a DD a while ago and that's why the next bill is a month late.

I paid January's on time!

I think i need to speak to someone from the vulenerable customer department again, as that seems to be the only way to get professional human help.

I just hope i dont have to do a factory reset. I bought some.bluetooth headphones which arent pairing either! 🤬

Userlevel 1

Seems prob isnt just with me. Ppl all over the country saying their ID service is down!

Userlevel 1

Even their vulnerable customer line is down. There are going to be plenty of special ppl wandering around, lost in the dark again tonight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SMcDoodle

Are you able to use your services now?

We aren’t aware of any issues with services being down. If you are still having issues, let us know here and we will PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?