Solved

Activating new SIM whilst abroad

• 27 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m currently away in Bulgaria where we have a holiday home. We spend the summer over here but most of the year we are at our UK house. I’d like to join ID mobile as I’m having roaming issues with my current UK network O2 as they’ve stopped using Vivacom as a roaming partner and are forcing me to use Yettel which has terrible signal in the village where our house is. This isn’t as much of an issue for data as such as I have good internet so I’m not reliant on the data really. It’s more a pain that I can’t make or receive calls reliably. I believe ID use vivacom so I’d rather switch but I’m not returning to the UK yet. My question is that if I order a SIM and have it sent over to me can I activate it whilst abroad?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 July 2023, 10:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 1

If possible I’d also like to port my current number after a period of testing. Is that possible?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m currently away in Bulgaria where we have a holiday home.

My question is that if I order a SIM and have it sent over to me can I activate it whilst abroad?

No, unfortunately you can’t @Heisenberg83
You need to be in the UK in order to activate the SIM on the iD Mobile home network, and I believe iD will only post to a UK address.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

We spend the summer over here but I believe ID use vivacom so I’d rather switch but I’m not returning to the UK yet. 

The iD roaming partners in Bulgaria are GLOBUL and Vivacom.

Userlevel 1

We spend the summer over here but I believe ID use vivacom so I’d rather switch but I’m not returning to the UK yet. 

The iD roaming partners in Bulgaria are GLOBUL and Vivacom.

Globul doesn’t exist any more. They were rebranded to Telenor and now Yettel.

Userlevel 1

My question is that if I order a SIM and have it sent over to me can I activate it whilst abroad?

No, unfortunately you can’t @Heisenberg83
You need to be in the UK in order to activate the SIM on the iD Mobile home network, and I believe iD will only post to a UK address.

That’s makes sense. We would be posting to a UK address not one here. I suppose we could get someone to activate it for us then send it on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Heisenberg83,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you require further assistance with this?

If so please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Heisenberg83,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you require further assistance with this?

If so please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

I think the question was already answered. Unless they were incorrect about activation whilst abroad?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Heisenberg83,

The information provided is correct.

I was just checking if there is anything else that we could help with.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?