Question

App and automated service won't let me make a payment

• 15 October 2022
  • 1 reply

My bill for the month is due and I’ve continuously forgot to set up a direct debit, so as a result, I end up paying it manually each month. 

I usually pay using the automated phone service as the ID mobile app gives me error messages when trying to pay on there. It often takes a few tries as she’ll say “sorry, I’m having issues trying to take your payment.”. Usually after a couple of tries she’ll take payment and it’s all sorted. However this time, I’ve tried roughly 4-6 times and she’s still refusing. I’ve tried to pay on the ID mobile app, and after managing to get access to the page without it telling me “There was an error processing your request” or whatever it says, it tells me my card number is invalid. I’ve checked it over countless times, comparing it to my physical card in my other hand and there is no mistake. 

I can’t sort it through the automated chat service, and I can’t get through to an agent via the automated chat service as they are all busy. I desperately need use of my phone to go about my day, what can I do to resolve this issue?

After this absolute mess, I will be setting up the direct debit. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @cucumber 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having issues paying your bill manually, I see you’ve tried a couple of things, have you tried a different card if possible?

I would always recommend setting up a direct debit to avoid any disruption in service.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?