Question

Before I buy....... a question about returns.

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I have done my research and am probably about to buy a Google Pixel 8 with ID Mobile (Tomorrow).

I see Online returns are 30 days, or return to Currys store is 14 days.

My question is, in what condition does the phone need to be in? Obviously in new & undamaged condition, but does box still need to be sealed? Can it have had a SIM card it to test the phone and the network, does the protection still need to be on?

I am porting to ID Mobile (Have done my Three coverage checker) after only ever having used EE (or Orange etc.) and is my first new phone since my Galaxy S10.

TIA

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Don’t rely on an online coverage checker @Empty - these only show theoretical predictions of the expected signal reception for a given location. 

I’d advise getting an iD PAYG SIM before switching, and check the real world reception in the places you plan to use your handset most. 

Perhaps pop into Currys, and ask them about the required condition of the item for it to be eligible for return. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Empty 

We’d always recommend returning via the vendor you’ve purchased from if a return is what you choose to do.

The device can be opened and used if and when returning based on being unhappy with the signal.

Purchases online are able to be returned within 30 days, purchases from a Currys store, 14 days.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?