Question

Bereavement - how do we cancel?

• 10 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Hi, my father has passed away. How do I cancel his contract?

Thank you 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Maff2705,

Sorry to hear that your Dad has passed-away.

This subject is covered in the “Notifying us of a bereavement” community article.

I hope you get things sorted - take care.

good luck, that is so considerate ,not!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mumsphone1934 

Are you having issues processing a bereavement? Let us know and we can help you!

Tom

Hi @mumsphone1934 

Are you having issues processing a bereavement? Let us know and we can help you!

Tom

Yes ,I do not see why a copy of the death certificate is needed….she was on a rolling contract for many years on a sim only basis…no phone was ever supplied ...surely people can leave ID mobile without the need to die and present a death certificate ...Her son...

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @mumsphone1934, we would need to see a copy of the death certificate as proof, and for security purposes, as you’re not the account holder. 

Otherwise, there’d be nothing stopping someone from telling iD Mobile that I’d died, for example, and closing my account and losing my number, which of course wouldn’t be a very sensible procedure.

Thank you,

Rory

My father died on17th July 2022 so I would like to cancel his mobile phone contract.  Unfortunately I don’t have any paperwork.  His name was Ernest Dash and his mobile number is REMOVED

Carole Dash

REMOVED

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My father died on17th July 2022 so I would like to cancel his mobile phone contract.  Unfortunately I don’t have any paperwork.  His name was Ernest Dash and his mobile number is 07--- ------.

Carole Dash

07--- ------

Sorry to hear about your loss @Carole Dash.

The “Notifying us of a bereavement” iD community FAQ explains how to go about cancelling your father’s contract.

I know this will a difficult time, but this is a public forum and posts in this forum can easily be read by anyone on the Internet. I suggest you remove the phone numbers from your post, to avoid being spammed or getting your numbers hijacked.

Thank you. Do you know how to delete a post?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you. Do you know how to delete a post?

You should be able to EDIT your post to remove the phone numbers.

Click on the three dots in the bottom right-hand corner of your first post, to find the Edit option - circled in red below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My father died on17th July 2022 so I would like to cancel his mobile phone contract.  Unfortunately I don’t have any paperwork.  His name was Ernest Dash and his mobile number is REMOVED

Carole Dash

REMOVED

Hello @Carole Dash,

I’ve already removed the personal details from the post.

We do need the Death Certificate in order to process a bereavement request so once you have this, if you message us here, we can send you a PM and get this passed over. You can instead follow the process on the link above also.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?