Big mistake

• 25 October 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

Has anybody else made the fatal mistake of moving to ID mobile . I feel I spend more time curing about the quality of service from them then I have coverage ! 

My term agreement is a sentence not an enjoyment !! 

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 1

*Cursing 

Yep no service for 2 days now 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve switched to iD on two occasions now, and it was hardy fatal. 
What’s stopping you paying an early termination fee and leaving for another provider @Rory bear

Userlevel 1

I'm 6 months into a 3 year contract ! Plus why should I have to pay to come away from a poor service ? Surely it's beneficial for ID mobile to improve their service not lose customers .

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

After reading user posts in this forum, you’d be forgiven for thinking iD aren’t worried about losing customers. They appear to be a no-frills online outfit focused on selling handset contracts.

If you don’t mind me asking, whereabouts did you buy an iD Mobile 3-year minimum term contract @Rory bear? Only seen 24-month minimum term handset and 12-month minimum term SIM only contracts available. 

Userlevel 1

Up until today I've had no problems with them, but now I'm wondering "what have I done"!

I only wanted to change bank accounts and they seemed to accept the details,  then today they suspended my account for non payment!

So I log in and pay for last month AND this coming month and try AGAIN  to change my bank details only to have them say it's not accepted. I even had them do the details by using the voice control command they offer in case it was me shaking in rage and still it won't accept it. 

Userlevel 1

@andewhite it's not debate about contract terms , it's a ID mobile forum where people can highlight issues regarding their service and thoughts on ID mobile ? I have highlighted that the service that I'm paying a reasonable amount for each month isn't doing what it says on the box ? I read the reviews prior to the switch but unfortunately I seem to be forever dropping out of service . 

I have highlighted my issues in the hope that ID mobile read the comments and take them on board ? 

Their service may be good in other places but in the north east of Scotland it isn't unfortunately.

Userlevel 1

I agree with you that their service is utterly disgusting.  In every way possible iDmobile are failing.  If I had a way to get out of this contract without any costs I would.  I think our best bet is to contact the ombudsman for help, unless you have a better suggestion 

Userlevel 1

@Robshfds highlighting the issues on their forum is a fair initial engagement ? In this day of age ,network coverage is simple . I'm sure the cost of securing extra masts is far cheaper than the continued loss of customers in the long run ? Maybe I'm incorrect 🤣

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Up until today I've had no problems with them, but now I'm wondering "what have I done"!

I only wanted to change bank accounts and they seemed to accept the details,  then today they suspended my account for non payment!

So I log in and pay for last month AND this coming month and try AGAIN  to change my bank details only to have them say it's not accepted. I even had them do the details by using the voice control command they offer in case it was me shaking in rage and still it won't accept it. 

This could happen if the address held by your bank, and the address details for your iD account are different @Robshfds.

Your bank and iD would need to have the same address details, in order to set-up a direct debit.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@andewhite it's not debate about contract terms , it's a ID mobile forum where people can highlight issues regarding their service and thoughts on ID mobile ? I have highlighted that the service that I'm paying a reasonable amount for each month isn't doing what it says on the box ? I read the reviews prior to the switch but unfortunately I seem to be forever dropping out of service . 

I have highlighted my issues in the hope that ID mobile read the comments and take them on board ? 

Their service may be good in other places but in the north east of Scotland it isn't unfortunately.

Sorry the signal reception isn’t what you’d expected on the Three UK mobile network @Rory bear

I visited the Cairngorm National Park, and Inverness area in May this year, while using the Three UK mobile network. I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage - better than I’d expected.

I’m not sure iD Mobile would have much influence over Three UK (their network partner) and their mobile network infrastructure plans. Given Three UK and Vodafone UK claim they need to merge, in order deliver significant improvements in mobiles services, perhaps Three UK alone can’t/won’t be investing much to improve network coverage. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I agree with you that their service is utterly disgusting.  In every way possible iDmobile are failing.  If I had a way to get out of this contract without any costs I would.  I think our best bet is to contact the ombudsman for help, unless you have a better suggestion 

I suspect you’d need to formally raise the issue with iD Mobile (i.e. make a complaint), before you can take your case to the Communications Ombudsman @Robshfds

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

I have raised by complaint even got a text from them which surprised me as only emergencies service only I have ? The rest is no service no reception 

Hello, we have now logged your complaint and we'll do our best to resolve it within 7 working days. If it takes longer to resolve, we will keep you informed of the progress. You can view our Customer Complaints Code here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-code-of-practice for details around timescales and our investigation process.

Also I was with three mobile UK for over a decade without any such problems or drop in reception .

On three checker it states I have full coverage and 5g is coming .

Yet the option at the side status checker it has for I'd mobile.

Enter your postcode below

Search

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area. Sorry for any disruptions this may cause.

Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual. We’re working as quickly as we can to provide you with a stronger network in your area. Status updates will be posted here.

Last updated on 09:15 pm 27 October 2023..this has been going on since last sunday we are now friday night so the 7 days would make it the weeks if this inst sorted 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bornsilly,

Welcome to the Community!

If there is planned work in the area it would usually last a few days. 

Once the work has been completed you should see some improvements.

Please let us know if you still have the issue after around 5 days and we can PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?