bill increase

• 16 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Can anyone tell me why has my ID contract bill gone up from £14 to £15.97 this coming month? that is a rise of 14.0714%. Last year it went up by a pound. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jakehuishblueyonder.co.uk 

This appears to be an increase of 14% due to CPI rates, I’d recommend the page linked below for further information.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/cpi

Tom

Userlevel 1

Yes i understand what the formula is. But if it goes up by the consumer price index, then why do they need to add another 3.9% on top. It mightr make my mind up to change networks in the near future.

Thanks for your reply though

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When I last looked, lots of UK mobile networks have this CPI + 3.9% annual uplift for most contracts @jakehuishblueyonder.co.uk

One way of avoiding this is buy a SIM free phone, and then get a SIM only PAYG or pay monthly plan, which don’t have the CPI + 3.9% in many cases.

You can often get 24-month 0% APR loans for a SIM free handset purchase.

Contract handsets with a CPI + 3.9% seem like a rip-off.

Userlevel 1

Hi thanks for your reply, i had been looking at SIM only. And looking at what you are saying it is swaying me towards that option. i have a few months before my contract is up so have time to look around

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jakehuishblueyonder.co.uk,

If you require any assistance with a SIM only upgrade, please let us know and we can help you out.

Your upgrade offers will become available on the date that you can upgrade.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?