Question

Billing Inquiry and Refund Request for Post-Contract Data Charges

• 30 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Dear Team,

I purchased my phone through the "Pay monthly phone" contract with ID, spanning 24 months. Initially, my plan commenced at £61.99, fluctuating several times over the past two years and currently standing at £64.99 per month. The contractual period for my phone concludes in October 2023 after the designated 24 months. However, my billing statement has consistently reflected the same £64.99 charge for the last two months (November and December), even after the completion of my phone contract, during which I solely utilized data services.

I am seeking clarification on the reason for maintaining the identical charge in the final two months and would appreciate a refund for any excess amount. Despite contacting customer service, I was informed that the charges are standard. I find it perplexing that a monthly data plan would cost £64.99.

I look forward to receiving a positive response to address my concerns.

Best regards,

Kiran

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kirantomym,

Welcome to the Community!

Once your contract minimum term passes we would continue to charge you the same amount unless you cancel, upgrade or change your plan.

If no request is made for any of the options then your billing would continue at the same amount as our tariffs are not split into phone and SIM.

Due to this the billing on the account would be correct and no refund would be due unless a request for one of the above options was made.

Let us know if you require further information or assistance with changing plan, upgrading or cancelling.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?