Question

Block old sim and Transfer ID Mobile number from old ID sim to new ID sim

• 14 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I was just trying a dry run of what to do if i lost my phone/ID SIm.

In this situation i would like to cancel my lost sim to make it unusable then transfer my phone number to a new sim.

What is the best way to cancel the sim in a hurry and what details would i need to give you? 
Ive tried calling but its automated, live chat not working, my old username and password for the id web site doesn't work anymore ( had to use facebook ) so have now posted here.

Once you have confirmed the sim cancelation am i/you able to transfer my number from that cancelled sim to a new one and what details would i need to give you?

i have 2 spare ID sims could i use those?

What numbers and other information would i need to make the process as smooth as possible?

Many thanks for your time. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Reuben Robertson,

Are you currently with iD and using an active SIM plan?

Userlevel 1

I'd imagine it is similar to transferring your old phone number from another company in this situation. Although the quickest and easiest would be to contact livechat or via the ID phone number. There are generally different options for a change of Sim card. However just cancelling your sim might result in unwanted charges (ie. You were only halfway through a contract - you would have to pay early cancellation charges), so it's always best to contact cs. Although i understand in this scenario, you have issues with getting in touch and that your phone is missing?

Therefore log onto your id account via any computer or alternative mobile you have:

•select my services

•select lost or stolen

•select prevent phone or sim being used

•select block sim

•finally click confirm

Afterwards this is what you should do to avoid charges, phone issues that may occur

1. Contact customer services and they send a replacement sim with the same number to you for free.

2. Have a replacement sim? Contact customer services, let them know that you already have a replacement sim with them, but need them to transfer your old number, they will deal with the PAC code from their end as it isn't a transfer to a different company. Questions they may ask is: what is the new sim number (which would be written on whatever was holding the new sim)? Confirmation you are who you say, such as your id account security questions.

Why iD Mobile?