Solved

Botched SIM upgrade moved me to PAYG, want to move number across to new PAYM

• 15 September 2023
  • 4 replies

After a botched sim upgrade deal my PAYM number was mistakenly moved to PAYG. I have now sorted the mess by taking a new PAYM contract but want to move my number to the new contract which is still with ID Mobile. When I tried to do this on the order form it said ‘we cannot move PAYG to PAYM internally’, whatever that means. So how can my number be moved across?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 September 2023, 18:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Themaestro023, iD don’t have a process for internal number transfers.

Although a faff, one way to get the number you want to keep over to the iD account you’re planning to keep going forward, is as follows:-

1. Get a PAC for your iD PAYG account.
  2. Give the PAC from 1) to another service provider (e.g. ASDA mobile, giffgaff etcetera).
  3. Wait until the number you want keep has been successfully switched to your new provider.
  4. Get a PAC from the new provider in 3), to use for the iD account you’re keeping.

Good luck @Themaestro023.

Yes, thank you. It was only after I'd posted the question I remembered I had to do tbat to leave PAYG on Three. What a faff, but I've still got the Smarty sim from that time so can do it all again. If ID hadn't botched a simple plan upgrade when I was on PAYM yesterday, I wouldn't be in this mess. Thanks again

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems like you’ve a lot of faith in iD Mobile after their initial faux pas. 

Hopefully they won’t disappoint again.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Themaestro023 ,

Welcome to the Community!

As @andewhite advised, this would be the only way to keep your number.

However if you would like us to take a look into your query, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?