Question

Using Data in the EU

• 19 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi Team

During the next few weeks I will be returning to Sitges,  Spain to a holiday home. The first time since lockdown!

During the time I’ve been back in the Uk I managed to cancel my fibre optic deal with TELEFONICA

Wanting to get connected quickly and a cheaper option I wanted some advice.

Question:

Can I use my ID mobile data on my iPhone ( English mobile number) as a hotspot to

Connect to my smart TVs in Spain? ( I need to stream/ connect and use my phone as a general hotspot for Netflix etc and two other devices but NOT gaming)

I

understand I may have to upgrade my current plan.

I will only be spending perhaps one month in Spain then one month in Uk and trying to save money by not having a fixed Spanish wired fibre optic option

Will extra data roaming be charged at this time  and how much ?

Being an over 70’s customer, technology is not my best talent !!!

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Brian 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @BrianP,

I think you should plan on the basis that iD’s inclusive roaming deal for 50 destinations will most likely end within the next twelve months - since leaving the EU the mobile network operators have been ending their inclusive roaming deals.

The PAYG data costs could be significant if you plan to stream data in Spain, using a UK mobile service provider.

If all you want to do in Spain is stream, then using a local mobile network operator might be a better/cheaper option.

Good luck anyway.

Thanks andewhite,

In the short term I’m hoping to use mobile data on my iPhone using IDs unlimited plan. 

May consider a Moblie router long term using a Spanish company plan. Depends on any charge for roaming!! Thanks 

thanks for your advice- very helpful 

Brian

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @BrianP thanks for getting in touch.

How lovely you are able to get back out to your holiday home! We hope you have a fab time!

Using your data out of the UK is subject to a fair use policy, even if you have unlimited data. You can find out more here - https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

It may be worthwhile looking into perhaps a Spanish mobile data dongle to use in Spain while you are over there.

Most Helpful 

Many thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @BrianP,

Have a wonderful time, and please let us know if ever you need anything else.

Will

Most Helpful Answer Thanks 

Why iD Mobile?