Question

Call receiver cannot hear me on first call

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, I have a Samsung A21s and the microphone works fine. However, when I make phone calls I have to make them twice as on the first call the receiver cannot hear me at all. This wouldn't be a problem but when you're put in an 2 hour long queue just to find out they can't hear you is incredibly frustrating.  You HAVE to connect with the receiver once to fix the issue.

This issue does not happen when receiving calls.

Any help? I've had this problem since 2019.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried using your iD SIM in a different handset?

If you test your iD SIM in another handset and can make calls without having to redial, it’s probably an issue with your A21 - how long have you been using the A21?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Periwinkleboy 

I’m sorry to hear you’re having this issue, have you had the same SIM card since 2019 when this issue began?

I’m assuming different devices have been tried as the A21S was a device released in 2020, after the issue is said to have began, although to confirm, have different devices been tried with the SIM?

Tom

Hello,

I'm not able to test with another phone as that would require me owning another. I'm very much low income and cannot do this.

I will see what I can do.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hey @Periwinkleboy,

You can pop into your local Currys store to test the handset with a test call as well as that, they can test the SIM in another phone for you.

If it works fine on a test call at the store as well as in another phone, it could be an issue with coverage, though a little odd this happens on every call at home.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?