Question

calling UK from Europe

Userlevel 1

Hi, I  have been unable to make calls from Italy to UK landlines and most mobile numbers.

Roaming is switched on and some mobile numbers are perfectly ok. I can see no pattern. I had this problem in March, went home and am now in Italy again and still have the problem.

(The numbers have the appropriate +44 prefixes)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are all the landline calls to numbers starting +44 1, +44 2, and +44 3, @Susan A Wales?

Other UK landline numbers won’t work if calling from Italy.

Also, some UK mobile numbers seem ‘normal’ when in fact iD Mobile classify them as non-standard mobile numbers, which also might not work if calling from Italy.

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks for responding. The UK landlines are all +44 1.… I haven't yet found a single landline that I can call. 

The mobile number I most care about worked perfectly well last year. It hasn't changed it's number or its provider in that time and now inexplicably i can't phone but does allow text messages 

I have also tried calling a mobile number that I know is on the ID mobile network and that also doesn't work. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like there might be an issue with the mobile network, @Susan A Wales

Perhaps there’s an issue with how iD Mobile have provisioned your network connection, or there’s some kind of SIM card fault. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your ideas.

I guess that perhaps I really need ID Mobile to investigate the issue. Could you advise how do I establish contact with them to arrange this? 

Cheers

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Susan A Wales, the online iD Live Chat service is the principal support channel for iD customer care - beware of the 24/7 chat-bot, which can be bypassed by typing “talk to a person” a few times.

If online chat doesn’t seem to be working, sometimes the following can help:

• Allowing popup windows in your web browser
  • Using a different web browser
  • Using an incognito / private window in your web browser

Otherwise, you can send a private message to iD support from their pages on social media, by using Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter). 

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much,  I will give live chat a try first and see how that goes.

Your help is much appreciated .

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Susan A Wales, welcome to the community.

@andewhite is right here, it sounds like your roaming settings may not be provisioned like they should be on our side. If you’d like us to investigate this further, feel free to let us know here and we’ll be able to send you a PM.

It’s also worth noting that  3 ITA is our network partner over in Italy. It’s worth checking that you were/are connected to this specific network. This can be located in your phone settings under manual network selection.

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have recd a text message requesting further info. Yes, my problem is still NOT resolved. 

I have had 3 agonisingly lengthy web chats with advisors, please help x

Userlevel 1

How do I provide you with the further info that you require to resolve these problems.  

Please advise. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Susan A Wales 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi, I  have replied to the PM yesterday afternoon,  could the team please review the 3 previous conversations the online chat team to gather info already supplied. 

I really need to get this sorted out today please.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I  have replied to the PM yesterday afternoon,  could the team please review the 3 previous conversations the online chat team to gather info already supplied. 

I really need to get this sorted out today please.  

Unfortunately @Susan A Wales, communications with iD in the iD community are pedestrian at best. Staff from iD have said, in other forum posts, it can take 72-hours or longer for them to reply to a PM. 

It’s always quicker to use online iD Live Chat, or send private messages via their social media pages, using Facebook Messenger, or X (formerly Twitter).

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  Back to the agonising webchat it is then. 

The last 8 days of forum and PMs have proved fruitless so far.

Wish me luck :)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you.  Back to the agonising webchat it is then. 

The last 8 days of forum and PMs have proved fruitless so far.

Wish me luck :)

Yes, good luck @Susan A Wales - perhaps, consider private messaging from one of their social media pages if possible, which keeps everything in one place, instead of having multiple (repetitous) chat sessions.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help again, they have raised another ticket now, so we'll see how that pans out, then I might try social media option. Possibly by then if I have not lost the will to live,  the complaints process will be the next step or maybe it might be time to leave iDmobile 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Susan A Wales, I’ve also found getting help from iD technical support very frustrating, which for me usually proved to be ineffective or non-existent.

When everything is working, iD Mobile is great, but I’ve found getting something fixed can be problematic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Susan A Wales,

Please let us know how you get on.

If you require further assistance, we are here to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?