Question

Can i cancel my contract without paying in full?

• 1 August 2023
  • 6 replies

I've only been using ID mobile for a couple months having switched from EE and I'm not happy at all. 

The coverage and connection is just poor, even in a busy area like London, I will get signal in one area but ten minutes away I can't use my phone.

Do I have no choice other then paying the entire contract off?

Leon.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you signed-up for a 12/24 month minimum term contract with iD Mobile, then unfortunately once you’re outside the cooling off period, you’ll have an early termination fee if you decide to cancel your iD contract@Leon_C

And there's no way around this if I'm having serious problems and it's causing me issues?

I was late to work today for example because of this.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, no @Leon_C.

The terms & conditions agreed at the point-of-purchase have numerous caveats regarding no signal and poor provision of network services. Some examples are:

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No way around it @Leon_C.

You had 30 days to test out the service and cancel penalty free if you decided it wasn’t for you. Any reason why you didn’t do exactly this?

ID is the worst sim contract iv ever used and i mean its totally dredful. Coverage in home is pitiful but no better outside in the city or anywhere. Dont know why i let them talk me into this as its totally crap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Leon_C,

We provide 30-day returns for any contract purchased from iD Mobile directly so you can return if withint hat window.

Outside of that period, a termination fee is applied for the remaining period.

@Fiona Mcmahon,

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the coverage.

As above, if you are in the returns period, you can explore this if unhappy with the levels of coverage you are receiving.

It’s 30-days if you purchased from us and 14-days if you purchased elsewhere e.g. Currys/Carphone Warehouse.

Mohammed