Question

Can I upgrade my contract early? I have broken my phone.

• 8 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have an iPhone SE 2020. It currently has a cracked screen and a cracked camera along with lots of scratches. My contract ends in July and I’m eligible for an upgrade in May. Is there any way I can discuss my options with iD in terms of an earlier upgrade? I would like to stay with iD as they’ve been good and have good prices.

This phone has poor battery life and has breaking way too easily. Is there any phone you would recommend as a replacement? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There’s no way to upgrade your contract early at iD Mobile @AdamJW93.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @AdamJW93 

You’d be able to upgrade to a new device up to 60 days before the end of your contracted term, however we unfortunately wouldn’t be able to offer earlier than that.

It could be an idea to look into purchasing a SIM free device and upgrading to a SIM only plan once your contracted term has finished.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @AdamJW93 

You’d be able to upgrade to a new device up to 60 days before the end of your contracted term, however we unfortunately wouldn’t be able to offer earlier than that.

It could be an idea to look into purchasing a SIM free device and upgrading to a SIM only plan once your contracted term has finished.

Tom

Isn’t this only true if you’ve got a 24-month handset contract @Tom?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @AdamJW93 

Tom

Isn’t this only true if you’ve got a 24-month handset contract @Tom?

Correct, this would be the process for a customer currently in a 24 month device plan.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?