Question

Can ID do a triangle port or not?

• 25 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Having been told to set up a triangle port to keep a number previously registered on ID, I have now been told you can't port the number back to ID. Is this true? Do I need to wait a period of time for the old ID account to disappear. Note that I am porting to a brand new ID account registered in a different name. Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Who told you that @Pjw159?

A triangle port has worked for other forum members, although it’s a faff and takes time. 
I left iD using a PAC, then rejoined 4-months later and used a non-iD Mobile PAC to transfer my number back to my new iD account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pjw159 

As long as the PAC code is from another network that isn’t iD Mobile, the port should work fine.

Tom

Thanks. It was ID mobile customer services who told me you can't when they got an error with my pac code from Smarty... I rang back and spoke to another agent who said you can. But now they are saying the error is because the pac code says it's closed. Smarty say that's because the number has been ported out using the PAC code.  And ID say they haven't been able to port it in as the PAC code returns an error. So my old number is apparently transferred but it isn't. Both Smarty and ID are washing their hands of it and my number is now lost in one or both of their broken systems. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks. It was ID mobile customer services who told me you can't when they got an error with my pac code from Smarty... I rang back and spoke to another agent who said you can. But now they are saying the error is because the pac code says it's closed. Smarty say that's because the number has been ported out using the PAC code.  And ID say they haven't been able to port it in as the PAC code returns an error. So my old number is apparently transferred but it isn't. Both Smarty and ID are washing their hands of it and my number is now lost in one or both of their broken systems. 

Okay @Pjw159, the OFCOM rules on mobile number portability state the gaining service provider (i.e. iD Mobile) are 100% responsible for getting the number transferred on time and correctly. 

That said, the losing service provider doesn’t seem to suffer any penalties for not doing things properly. In addition, it appears iD Mobile and Three are sometimes awful at communicating with one another. 

Have you made a formal complaint about this to iD Mobile @Pjw159?

I've escalated it and ID have raised a ticket for it - for which I have a reference number. But the person raising it was reluctant to do so and said they didn't think it would do any good as the number they are trying to port is simply not on their system. Any suggestions on how I take this further greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I doubt the person you chatted with was from the number porting team @Pjw159.

If you have a complaint reference number, you now have to hope the complaints team get in touch soon. 

iD are 100% responsible for the number transfer.
Your only stick is getting compensation for the delay, and your time trying to get a remedy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Pjw159,

Just checking if you received an update on your ticket or if you have raised a complaint, did you get an update from the Complaints Team?

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?