Question

can’t create my account

• 31 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I’ve recently switched to iD using a PAC code, the number has transferred over successfully and I’m able to make and receive calls using my new iD SIM/old number, but I can’t create an account on the web or mobile app using the number as it’s not recognised on there. I’m getting the error:

Your iD Mobile number was not recognised. Please enter your active iD Mobile number.

The number originally on the iD SIM does get accepted on the account creation page, but obviously I can’t receive the 8 digit security code sent to that number now so I’m unable to finish the account creation. Please advise how I can create an account.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @lisact79, the registration process seems to fail quite often.

Keep trying once a day - I had to do this when I registered because getting a security code was proving difficult.

Can’t wait? Get in-touch with iD (privately) about the problems registering for your iD My Account via iD Mobile’s social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

Any out-of-hours messages on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

You can also try the online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - the agents work until 8pm on weekdays - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @lisact79 

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues registering your iD Mobile account, are you still having these issues? 

Please let us know if you are via the methods @andewhite has suggested above or if you’d like support here via the iD Community site let us know here and we’ll message you privately!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?