Solved

Can't get my PAC

• 22 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Here’s something a bit odd………

I currently have a Tesco PAYG account , the number from which I wish to keep as it’s so well-used and everyone knows it. I texted ‘PAC’ to 65075 as per the id website instructions .The text seemed to send correctly , but I instantly received a reply from O2 , saying a PAC could not be issued , as there was a ‘problem’ , and to try later or go online to O2. I am not aware that Tesco uses O2, but that does not mean they don’’t . …...I’ve just checked , and it IS O2. I have a grand total of 4p credit left, and this decided me now was a good time to switch . Could the issue be that 4p is not sufficient credit to receive the PAC text? I note that  the 4p credit did not change upon sending said text . I am reluctant to put any credit onto the Tesco account, as I’m sure there’s a minimum amount, and that’s a bit stinky as it won’t get used , unless Tesco send me a different number to continue with , then I can burn up that credit ? Or, is it likely to be due to the fact that my id sim has not yet been used? I’m waiting for a new ‘phone to arriive so have had no need to use the sim yet, and anyway , I’m expecting an important call on the number I wish to keep, so Im delaying the big switchover until such time as I can be incommunicado for a while. Just thought it may be prudent to get the PAC in advance . Any ideas , folks?

Wait a minute !! Sorted it, seems the PAC request is case-sesitive . D’OH !

icon

Best answer by Lauren 23 February 2023, 17:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Here’s something a bit odd………

Wait a minute!!! Sorted it, seems the PAC request is case-sensitive . DoH!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Nigel Hebblethwaite. You’re correct there, Tesco Mobile uses O2.

The text itself is sent at your standard network rate, so this depends on your pay as you go plan. If you have an active bundle with a certain amount of texts, then this will be in line with your allowance. If you’re on ‘classic’ pay as you go where you pay per text, you may need to top up. Now and again, the texting service to receive your PAC may go down as part of an outage. However this is fairly rare and is typically back up and running within a few hours. 

Alternatively, you can also call Tesco Mobile directly, and they’ll be able to provide you with a PAC code over the phone 😊

I hope this helps!

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

I’ve put pac and dob but keeps asking for same details 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @nicolamarie39@icloud.com 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?