Solved

can’t hear me when making a call

• 17 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been having a problem when making a call for months now. It usually starts off ok but after a short time I can hear what the other person is saying but they can’t hear me. I’ve tried moving to every room in the house but it doesn’t resolve it, I’ve also bought a new phone but the problem is still there. Any ideas to resolve this?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 17 January 2022, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @jr58,

If this is only a problem in your home, you might be able to solve this by using iD Wi-Fi Calling - providing you have a broadband service that comes with a Wi-Fi router.

Assuming you do and your handset is one of the devices supported by iD Mobile for Wi-Fi Calling, give it a go and see how you get on.

I rely on Wi-Fi Calling at home, as I’m in a mobile not-spot.

Out of interest, what does the theoretical coverage checker say for likely coverage at your home postcode? 

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks , I’ve checked both of those today (after looking on here) and wifi calling is set up on my phone (although I’m not sure if I just put it on when I was going through the instructions 😂😂, I’ll have to make some calls and check it out) the coverage checker states there are no problems in this area. Thanks for your advice .

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s good news @jr58 - I hope Wi-Fi Calling service proves reliable for you too.

The online coverage checker is only a theoretical guide to the coverage you’re likely to get at any given location. The maps are computer generated based on a radio frequency and topographical model.

You can find out the actual network status in your area using the following online page:

Network Status Checker - check your signal and get support | Three

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Just checked on there and there is some work being done in the area, I’ll keep my eye on that as well. Thanks again

Why iD Mobile?