Solved

Can't make payment

• 24 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I hope you can assist please! I can’t make a payment.

I’ve seen this message a couple times before, and have tried clearing cache, used phone, laptop, tablet, edge, chrome, firefox, but to no success

If I try using the app, once I get to the screen asking for card details, I enter them, and click submit, and it pops up the error that the number is in the wrong format, no matter what form I enter it.

If I try online, I can make the payment. Once card details entered, it takes me to the screen requesting I confirm the transaction via my bank app (Starling). I do, the transaction goes through, and then a half second later it’s reversed by the merchant. On the browser tab, it auto loads the page with error message saying payment didn’t go through, please try again. But it did go through! 

I’ve no ideas left!

icon

Best answer by Lewisly 25 October 2023, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The name and address for your iD account must be that same as the name and address used with Starling Bank @Lewisly

I think online merchants have to make this address check under current UK financial regulations.

Userlevel 1

Hello - thank-you very  much. Hadn’t spotted that reply, and have moved house in the past month so that must be it.

Man that’s annoying, but thanks for explaining, I understand it’s nothing to with ID mobile. That is only going to hurt people who borrow money, or use families or partner’s card’s though, which as you’d expect would be already poor people.

Anyway thanks, your a hero!

Userlevel 1

How do they access my address actually, is it a sensible presumption that ID mobile (or by extension any online merchant) are sharing my details with my bank for them to check? Interesting.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How do they access my address actually, is it a sensible presumption that ID mobile (or by extension any online merchant) are sharing my details with my bank for them to check? Interesting.

Perhaps they pass your iD account’s address, to the bank as part of the PCI online payment process. The bank then checks if the addresses match, if not it might be someone attempting a fraudulent transaction?

I suspect data can be shared where there’s a legal requirement to do so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lewisly,

Welcome to the Community!

As @andewhite advised the addresses would need to match.

This is for security to ensure that it’s the account holders card that is being used.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?