Question

can't register new sim card

• 2 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I had an ID sim card back in the summer but cancelled it. I now have a better deal with but because you can only register one sim/phone number per account and the old one seems to be still registered to my account I can’t register my new sim and look at my account.

It there a way to either completly remove my existing account so I can re-register or remove my old mobile number and add the new one? Whichever is easier.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @beanzl,

If you wish to register a new iD Mobile account you will need to register under a different email.

We are looking into this and hopefully it should be an option soon but we don’t have a timescale at the moment.

Kash

Hi,

I don’t have another email address available. Why can’t you remove my old account so I can set up a new one?

Regards

Andreas

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @beanzl,

Due to the way the system works, it’s not possible to remove a username and re-add it to a new account.

Both accounts can have the same contact email but you won’t be able to re-use your email as a username.

You can create a free email via Gail/Hotmail and once you have this, use it for the purpose of registering.

You can then update your contact email to the one you use normally to ensure you don’t miss out on any communication from us.

Mohammed

I wish to register a new SIM as the old one is damaged. It is my mums phone although I pay the monthly charge.

We cant remember what info we used to set it up - is it possible to set up a new account, register the SIM and leave the Direct Debit as it is?

If not how do we take this forward?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Clemmy,

You can activate your SIM via your account or the App.

If you have registered and forgot the details you can follow the forgot your username link.

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/forgot-username/

Once your username is retrieved and password reset you can activate the SIM.

If you have any issues, let us know and we can PM you and activate it.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?