Question

Can’t send or receive sms

• 24 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I joined id mobile a number of weeks ago and have not been able to send or receive sms since joining. I ported my number from EE.

i can send and receive iMessages, but not sms, which makes me think it’s a network issue. Can anyone help!? 

I can make and receive calls without any problem.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Annacrocodile,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you currently using an iPhone or an Android device?

For android, please can you try the below:

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

For iPhone:

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Kash

Thanks for your response. 

I have an iPhone. I followed the instructions provided and the number connected with iMessages is correct. I am able to send and receive iMessages. I can’t send or receive SMS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Annacrocodile 

When you follow the below, is the number shown correct?

Settings > Phone > My Number

Tom

Why iD Mobile?