Question

Cancel Contract Query

• 4 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi

I have a 30 day sim contract for which I pay £16 and when I go into the idmobile app and go to cancel it gives me a final bill of £30 why is this ? I have only just signed up so I am within the cooling off period but curious why there charging to cancel a 30 day sim.

The reason I am thinking of leaving are.

The WiFi calling does not working and it’s not the phone my Vodafone sim works fine with WiFi calling.

The signal is bad even though the coverage checker says I should have a good signal.

Now I could live with the signal issue if WiFi calling worked but it doesn’t.

Paul

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @paulies,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are within the returns period you would need to process a return instead.

Please let us know if you require us to PM you and we can check this out.

Kash

Hi

I know I’m with the returns period I’m my curious why this is

“I have a 30 day sim contract for which I pay £16 and when I go into the idmobile app and go to cancel it gives me a final bill of £30 why is this”

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @paulies,

Processing a return within the returns period is different to a cancellation/disconnection.

If you request a disconnection it would require you to pay a termination fee if there is one.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?