Solved

Cancel my contract within cooling off period

I wish to cancel my sim only contract within the cooling off period. The sim has not been used. I cannot get into the app after many unsuccessful attempts and I cannot get through on live chat either. I need this sorting asap as I was transferring my number so need the number as code transfer cancelling. I will not deal with a company that I cannot contact or speak to.

can someone help me with this asap please as I’ve spent hours trying to sort this and losing the will! 

Very disappointed 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 4 May 2023, 11:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

I’m having the same issue 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe try the online page https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations?

Still cannot get onto live chat. Direct debit has been cancelled but I’m worried that I will lose my number as I’ve given the PAC CODE 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Still cannot get onto live chat. Direct debit has been cancelled but I’m worried that I will lose my number as I’ve given the PAC CODE 

Cancelling your Direct Debit (DD) doesn’t cancel your order @Rick Barratt
By cancelling your DD, you might miss a payment to ID, which would be marked on your credit file. In addition, if iD owe you money they’ve no way of refunding your account.

If live chat isn’t working, I’d suggest ‘talking’ to iD customer support team on Facebook or Twitter - contact them privately using Facebook Messenger, or a Twitter direct message.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends + bank holidays).

I would like to cancel my contract during my 14 day cooling-off period as the data speed I am getting at home (indoors and outdoors) is too low to be useable.  Is this where I register that request-  the chatbot would not give cooling-off period replies.  I would like to keep my number so should I request a PAC?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jonathan Oldfield 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Can someone help please? I need to cancel my sim only contract, I am within the cooling off period but am getting absolutely nowhere with the automated live chat, there’s nobody responding when I’m transferred to a live member of the team either.  They are meant to be open but no response from a real live person.  I’m 72 and suffer from anxiety, it’s causing my anxiety to go through the roof.  Please can somebody help?

It says on your website:  Cancelling your contract doesn’t have to be tricky thanks to the help of iD Mobile. You can find out everything you need to know in our helpful guide about cancelling your iD Mobile contract.

It is a lot more than tricky, I’ve tried logging into my account but it’s not recognising my details, I'm going round in circles yet when I try to request a new username it says I’m already registered.  I’m getting so confused with it and I’m worried I’ll get stuck in a contract if the cooling off period lapses. The Community has four or five answers, but none that will work for me. Who else can I contact that knows how to cancel my sim-only contract whithin the cooling off period?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It says on your website:  Cancelling your contract doesn’t have to be tricky thanks to the help of iD Mobile.

It also say’s:

“Our Live Chat is open between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.”

It’s now 9am, you posted the above 8 hours ago, around 1am. Support were closed! You’re making things more difficult than they need to be. 

So, now that their open, speak to a live chat agent here

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @onemeat 

Given your situation, it may be worth contacting the vulnerable customers line about this.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/accessibility

Tom

Userlevel 1

@Tom wrote: 

Given your situation, it may be worth contacting the vulnerable customers line about this.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/accessibility

Thank you Tom, but I think it would be better if ID cancelled my contract, I am still in the cooling off period.

Regards

Paul Kirk

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @onemeat,

We have sent you a PM and we will be happy to assist you with your query there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kash.

I will not know if your answer will resolve my issue untill my contract has actually been cancelled.

Hopefully someone can do this for me. I have sent 3 letters to iD’s head office just in case.

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @onemeat 

We’ll contact you via private message when possible.

Tom

Userlevel 1

@Tom  said: 

Hi @onemeat 

We’ll contact you via private message when possible.

Tom

Will that be when you have cancelled my contract, or when the private message system is working?

Paul

Same but cant as the app is down, online doesn't work. Sick of carrying a vodaphone dongle with me in UK just so I've got signal. 

Not an issue abroad which tells me ID don't have the bandwidth to service their customer base 

Other issue is once contract is finished aren't they supposed to tell you n give you options these days? 30 days past that date n no correspondence.

Been trying to cancel since mid August but app etc is so intermittent it's unusable as a customer interface.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @onemeat 

It’d be when we’re available on our community private message as we aren’t always monitoring that inbox.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jeff Rouse 

I’d recommend double checking the website to see if that works as an alternative to the app.

If your contracted period ends we may send an email about upgrade options, however wouldn’t change anything ourselves.

If you still need assistance, please let us know.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?