Question

Cancelled contract within cancellation period via carphone warehouse

• 19 May 2023
  • 7 replies

I purchased a pay month contract via carphone warehouse months ago and cancelled the contract well within the cancellation period. I have returned the handset and have never used the SIM card..

I have continued to get email from ID mobile telling me I owe money.

I have called carphone warehouse in excess of 15 times who assure me that the contract has been cancelled.
I have now received a letter in the post demanding payment or else it will go to a debt collection agency. 

What is happening here? why am I being harassed by ID Mobile

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Any ideas on how I can get in touch with ID mobile without using their sim card?
I can’t created an account without using the SIM card. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I purchased a pay month contract via carphone warehouse months ago and cancelled the contract well within the cancellation period. I have returned the handset and have never used the SIM card..

I have continued to get email from ID mobile telling me I owe money.

I have called carphone warehouse in excess of 15 times who assure me that the contract has been cancelled.
I have now received a letter in the post demanding payment or else it will go to a debt collection agency. 

What is happening here? why am I being harassed by ID Mobile

You will have been issued a final bill covering the period from when the agreement was activated right up until it was cancelled, regardless if you used the service or not. This due balance would have been collected automatically via the direct debit you setup at the time of order. If you cancel, the direct debit payment won’t have been made and your debt is passed on to a debt collection agency and your credit file will be updated to reflect the missed payment and debt owing.

“You’ll be entitled to a refund minus any line rental, usage and additional purchases, such as add-ons, that you’ve accrued up to the point of disconnection.”

How much does the debt collect agency claim you owe?

Hi there, 

Thanks for your reply. 
They are saying that I own them £21.99. 
I just want to be able to contact ID mobile without having to use their SIM card! 
Carphone warehouse have now ‘escalated’ the issue again, which I’ve been told before. 
Carphone warehouse have also confirmed acknowledgement of cancellation from ID mobile themselves. 

What a waste of time and energy!

Any tips on how to get in touch with ID mobile via email or phone would be great!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You don’t need a iD Mobile SIM to speak to a live chat agent. 

https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @j4in4,

Have you been able to speak to someone since regarding this?

Mohammed

Hey Mohammed, 

I had a message exchange with somebody via the chat function that was suggested - thank you very much WelshPaul. 

However, the agent was very unhelpful. Told me I owed 3 different amounts ranging from £700 to £2! 

After much a very long, unnecessary chat exchange, they have 'escalated it for investigation'.

They were insistent that I owed them for the service that was never provided and that this is iD mobile's 'Rules and Regualtions'.

I would genuinely appreciate an answer and closure of this complete non-sense once and for all...can you help me please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @j4in4 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?