Question

Cancelling contract and then taking out new contract.

• 27 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I wonder if anyone can answer my question please  

A week ago I took out a new contract for an iPhone 12 but it does not suit my needs. I have gone back to Curry’s to see if I could exchange it for a Google Pixel 7 (which is a cheaper contract). I was advised that I couldn’t change to a different handset and could only exchange to a different iPhone. 

The sales guy said the only way would be to return my phone and cancel my contract and then take out a new contract but this would mean another credit check. 
This seems a little crazy, surely it would be simpler to just exchange the handset (I’m within my 14 day period) failing that why re do a credit check ? I passed one a week ago for the iPhone which is a much more expensive contract than the pixel. Could they not just take that credit check and switch contracts. 

I’m now stuck with a handset I don’t want. I’m happy with the network, just chose the wrong hand set. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, it’s a crazy situation @Jason Tennant, but most companies have their processes and procedures, usually without any leeway. 

Seems surprising you’re sticking with iD Mobile, given the problems reported trying to activate iMessage and FaceTime on the iPhone 12 you purchased.

Maybe cancel your ORDER for a refund, then use a 0% APR offer for an unlocked iPhone or Pixel, and buy a SIM only plan - SMARTY also use the Three UK network.
🤞

Userlevel 1

Well I’ve persevered turned off about 80% of the features and so far is starting to suit my needs so will carry on with the iPhone 12 for now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jason Tennant,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would happy to help you out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?