Question

cannot receive 8-digit security code to register my new iD Mobile account

• 11 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I am new customer with an iD Mobile “data SIM only” card in my new Nokia tablet.

It works well, giving internet access (but not tel calls).

However to register my account on iD Mobile I need a 8-digit “security code” from iD Mobile. 

Whatever I try I cannot get the SMS message to be received by Google Messaging App on tablet, though the Messaging App receives other msgs fine.

My tablet SIM as far as I know is not designed to receive ‘mobile call/message’ with the type of SIM card it has - so I assume I’m supposed to connect/ pair/ tether my mobile phone (which can make calls/ messages) with my tablet.

Nothing seems to work.  Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your tablet can take a SIM card, then I don’t see why you can’t get an SMS on your Nokia tablet.

iD Mobile do have problems sending the security code in a timely manner from time-to-time.

When I joined iD, the registration process wasn’t working properly, so just tried twice a day for a few days - eventually I got the security code and was able to register online.

Good luck.

I’m new to tablets, but wonder how an iD Mobile security code SMS message is supposed to reach the tablet (which has a nano-SIM card to enable internet access only) via my mobile phone.

The iD Mobile only send the msg to my tablet telephone number, so how can my mobile phone (with a different tel number) intercept the msg ?

I’ve been trying it anyway, via “device pairing” from Google Message Apps - doesn’t work. I’ve deleted cache and storage for these Message apps too, also had no effect.

Glad of advice - its taken me longer to try and fix this than it took to do all the tablet installation procedures.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @David Lloyd, even a data only SIM card has a mobile number. That is the number iD will use when they send the security code message.

I’ve used data only plans with other service providers and always had a mobile number and was able to receive text messages on non-phone devices.

The tablet user guide should have section on how to send and receive text messages.

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?