Question

Cannot recover account without phone / sms

• 17 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

My  phone was stolen. When I try and log in from PC (forgot password) it sends sms to phone which I cannot access! Can anyone help please?. 

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Alarming 

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had your phone stolen.

Here you go I’m surprised I’ve found this on this companies website

Lost or Stolen Phone or SIM

It can be worrying when you lose your phone, or it gets stolen. And the same goes for if you've misplaced your SIM. If any of these have happened to you recently, it's important that you let us know as soon as possible. That way, we can protect your account from any misuse.

You may be liable for any usage that happens on your SIM before a block is placed. Blocking your SIM will stop this. Blacklisting your phone targets the phone's IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity), so when someone goes to insert a SIM card to use it, the phone won't be able to connect to a network.

You can block your SIM card and blacklist your handset in just a few minutes with our step-by-step guide:

Using your My Account:

1. Log in to My Account online (or the iD Mobile app if available).
  2. Go to My services and then Lost or Stolen.
  3. Tap Prevent your phone or SIM from being used and then Block SIM.
  4. Click Confirm.
  5. If you want to blacklist your phone, speak to one of our Live Chat agents.

Calling the IVR:

1. Call 0333 003 7777
  2. Enter your iD Mobile number.
  3. Choose option 3 to register the phone as lost or stolen.
  4. Re-confirm the number you want to block.
  5. Once confirmed, the SIM will be suspended, and the last handset associated with the SIM will be blacklisted.

If you can't log into your account or call our IVR, you can also speak to one of our Live Chatagents. They can help you to block your SIM and blacklist your phone.

Our Live Chat team are available 9am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Alarming,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

@Peter Mills I can see that you have responded to multiple threads. We have sent you a PM and we can assist you with any issues you are having there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?