Question

Cannot send text to a French mobile

• 9 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I have only been with iD Mobile for a couple of months (I switched from BT Mobile) & never needed to send a text to a French mobile before. I have a French friend visiting who sent me a text when he had exited the channel tunnel. When I tried to reply I got the error “Not Delivered”. I tried to send a text several times over the course of two hours but all failed. When he arrived we did some testing. Texts fail but I am able to phone him. I have International switched on & sufficient account bill cap. I was able to send texts to my friend when I was with BT Mobile.

It looks like this is a widespread iD Mobile problem as my wife has been with iD Mobile for over a year has the same problem. She can call a French mobile but cannot send a text. I see that there have been other customers with the same problem who didn’t seem to get resolved. 

I had a chat with iD Mobile yesterday without any resolution. I was given a reference number & told that my problem had been forwarded to the technical team who would get back to me within 48 hours. I followed the instructions to send the chat transcript to me by email & then the chat screen was cleared. I did not receive any email so don’t know what the reference number was.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @NigelBB,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issues with texting French numbers.

I can see that we have sent you a PM following another post and we would advise to get back to us there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?