Question

Cant find my Topic

I had an email that someone replied to my question about issues with 4g/4g+ download speeds but when i click the link it get page not found.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dmarriott 

Taking a look at your account this is the first topic you’ve started and I don’t see any comments on any other topics, what issues are you having with 4G speeds?

Have you checked your area on the iD Mobile Coverage Checker here to make sure your area is covered or the Three Outage Checker here to check for any outages that could be affecting speeds?

Tom

Hi Tom.
This is the email i received.

The issue has been ongoing since i joined.
Previous to being with iD i was with Three for 6 years, 4 of these living in the location i am at the moment. The speeds im getting at my work place is currently 4.68 down and 7.14up on 4g+ with the coverage tracking showing good indoor and outdoor coverage for my area.

At home this is the same on the coverage checker however it only shows as 4g on my phone and i get slightly slower speeds.

I use my mobile(Use to use) a lot for teathering as my home internet speeds are not that great with multiple devices connected. I have since stopped using my mobile as a htospot due to the slow sleeps im getting.

Regards

Dan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @dmarriott,

I can’t seem to locate any other topics or posts made by you besides this one so not sure what’s happened there.

That said, we don’t guarantee a minimum download speed on our network.

How long have you been with iD Mobile and have you reported the issues to us when you first joined?

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed 

I have been with ID for just over 2 months, i mentioned this to the chat support last week but didnt get very far.
Just cant figure out why my speeds are worse than before, i would have atleast expected a slight improvement with a brand new device(Motorola Edge 30 Ultra) compared to my older P30 Pro.

Regards
Dan

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I had an email that someone replied to my question about issues with 4g/4g+ download speeds but when i click the link it get page not found.

Okay @dmarriott, did you login to your iD Community account first.

The links in emails from the iD Community about a private message don’t work - although iD are aware of this issue, it has not been fixed yet.

Good luck @dmarriott.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @dmarriott,

Whilst the phone’s specs can potentially improve the service, the actual coverage would be down to the masts.

Are you on a SIM only contract or a handset plan?

Mohammed

Okay @dmarriott, did you login to your iD Community account first.

The links in emails from the iD Community about a private message don’t work - although iD are aware of this issue, it has not been fixed yet.

Good luck @dmarriott.

Hi
Yes i was logged in, i had 1 message about a private message that was not there and another about the reply to the topic but it wasnt there.

Hello @dmarriott,

Whilst the phone’s specs can potentially improve the service, the actual coverage would be down to the masts.

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed 
But the coverage in 2 locations shouldnt change that much?
Im on a handset plan, unlimited everything and the moto edge 30 ultra.

Regards

Dan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dmarriott 

Have you tried the iD Mobile SIM in the old device to check whether the device is making the difference with the signal?

The coverage in 2 locations can vary drastically, it would depend on the cell site that serves the area, for signal in areas I’d always recommend checking the iD Mobile Coverage Checker here.

Tom

Hi @Tom 

I don't have the old device anymore. 

Regards

Dan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @dmarriott,

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed 
But the coverage in 2 locations shouldnt change that much?
Im on a handset plan, unlimited everything and the moto edge 30 ultra.

Regards

Dan

Hello @dmarriott,

Coverage can vary per area because there are many factors to this.

Your phone can be connecting to a different mast even that could impact this.

What’s the full postcode of the area you’re having issues in?

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed 
Postcodes are PE20 1TW and PE11 3YR

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dmarriott 

Taking a look on the iD Mobile coverage checker these postcodes are both weaker areas for our signal so we’d expect coverage issues while using our service here.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?