Question

Cant make caller ID visible since change of iphone

• 18 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

my number shows up as “no caller ID” when I make calls since changing from an old IPhone to an iPhone 11 last year. When I go into the phone settings the “make my caller ID visible” page does not load, and trawling through the Apple forums suggests this is to do with my current carrier.

any idea how to do a carrier update or how to contact someone to get this sorted out?

thank you for your help

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kb9876 

Unfortunately there wouldn’t be any setting on our side to hide or unhide the caller ID, this would be a device setting, we’d recommend contacting Apple directly to see if there’s anything they can suggest, sorry.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, 

my number shows up as “no caller ID” when I make calls since changing from an old IPhone to an iPhone 11 last year. When I go into the phone settings the “make my caller ID visible” page does not load, and trawling through the Apple forums suggests this is to do with my current carrier.

any idea how to do a carrier update or how to contact someone to get this sorted out?

thank you for your help

There’s often a carrier update when you install a new version of iOS on your iPhone. 
What version of iOS is running on your iPhone 11 @Kb9876

The “Show My Caller ID” option, in Settings > Phone, is usually available whenever supported by the network operator. It appears the Three UK mobile network supports this option.

If your iPhone was in flight mode for some reason, the “Show My Caller ID” option wouldn’t load though.

Why iD Mobile?