Solved

cant register

• 25 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve tried registering with Id Mobile after putting the new sim in my phone. my old number is active as i carried over from BT. However i can only get through to the second stage of registration by putting in the new id mobile, however when im sent a security code nothing happens as my old number is active. what am i supposed to do?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 25 July 2023, 11:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When was the number you wanted to keep transferred to iD @And777?

It seems the online iD systems can sometimes take a few days to resync after number ports, which causes issues with registration.
🤞

Userlevel 1

i only put the new sim in today, but actually created the account via mobiles.co.uk about a week ago.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @And777 - at the time of purchase from mobiles.co.uk, I assume you submitted your PAC.
If so, what date did you choose for your number switch @And777?  

Userlevel 1

Hi, It’s sorted now, like you said there could have been a delay in bringing the old number over. It would help if i could have accessed a live human chat on the id mobile site instead of the frustrating chatbot. I did manage to resolve it by chatting to a human on their facebook messenger. Thanks for taking the time to help, much appreciated.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s good news @And777 - to avoid the annoying chat-bot, just type “talk to a person” after connecting to the iD live chat online service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @And777 

Glad to hear you could get in touch with us on Facebook Messenger, please let us or them know if you need any further assistance.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?