Question

change of plan

Today I changed my plan on sim only yet I get messages saying my sim will be posted via DPD. I’ve only changed my sim plan and want to keep my number so why ID do I need to go through this totally nonsense. All you need to do is update my account on your computer, is it that difficult? 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sounds like you have ordered a whole new plan. Did you login to your account and simply change your plan or did you go through the iD Mobile online store?

I went through the upgrade offers on the app

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Ah, an upgrade isn't the same as a change of plan (I believe). A new SIM is sent with upgrades and new orders just in case your old SIM doesn't fit your phone of choice.

When did you order? Your plan should change once the upgrade is processed and dispatched. You don't need to activate or use your new SIM, you can continue to use your old one.

I ordered it today via the ID app but will keep my fingers crossed it gets sorted as I don’t want to be charged for 2 plans.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It’s my understanding that a change of plan is when you go from say a £5 one month minimum term plan to a £10 one month minimum term plan. An upgrade would be when you had a £5 one month minimum term plan and wanted to move over to a £5 12 or 24 month minimum term plan which would give you more data per month than than the one before it. 

I had a 20gb 12 month plan (£10) and changed to a 12gb (£7) rolling one month plan

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Yea, it's classed as an upgrade when you choose a plan with a higher or lower minimum term. 👍

So your saying that my payments will change when the order is dispatched so I will only have one plan?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I can't be 100% sure but I think that is how it works. When I had a pay monthly SIM only 1 month plan with iD Mobile a change in plan from within my online account only allowed a switch to another 1 month plan. I couldn't change to a 12 or 24 month plan without contacting support or upgrading.

Others have ordered a whole new plan when they thought they were upgrading. Without looking at your account or watching your upgrade process it's hard to say! Worse case scenario, you cancel the order under the cooling off period.

It's a bank holiday weekend so I guess you won't know until Tuesday at the earliest. I do find it weird that they would send you a SIM when changing plans though.

Thank you so much for your input and easing a few of my concerns, we’ll see how it goes 

Why iD Mobile?