Question

Changing Account details

• 24 October 2023
  • 6 replies

I requested a new Sim for my mum. Because i used my own mobile to request the sim it has automatically assumed that the last name is the same as mine despite me putting in the correct details.

How can i change the details and make sure the rest of the billing is correct?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Normally iD will only talk to the account holder @DudeSmith.
If your Mum is the account holder, she’d need to get in-touch with iD customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @DudeSmith 

Did you order a new contract in your name or in your Mothers name?

In any case we’d need the account holder to contact us themselves about their account as @andewhite suggests, if you’ve made an account in someone else’s name, we may class this as fraud.

Tom

Hi Tom. Thanks for the reply. Opening the account on my Mum’s behalf was not an option as she is 83, has no internet and i have only just bought her, her first mobile phone. So if it were possible for her to do it, she would have. It was all done in her presence and with her permission and in her name but the ordering system assumed that it was my wife (ie Mrs Smith) and not my Mum (Mrs Wyld) . All done because we need to stay in touch as i am moving to Thailand.

We have tried several times to get in touch with the online help desk but there is never anyone available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DudeSmith,

Has the account been opened in your wife’s name?

We’ll need the account holder to get in touch with us directly for security reasons.

If it is in your mothers name she can contact our dedicated Vulnerable Customer Team on 0800 049 2376. 

Kash

Hi Yes it was opened for my mum. Yes i will get her to call the Vulnerable Customer Team.

Thanks for the help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @DudeSmith 

No worries, if you need anything else, let us know.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?