Solved

Changing my plan

• 20 September 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Why is it when I try to change  my plan it doesn’t work? I started my contract January 2022 and it’s a 24 month contract so I have exceeded the 12 month minimum.

I have also attempted to change this on my app and website so again why is there an error to change my plan when I’ve exceeded the 12 month requirement? This is very frustrating. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 20 September 2023, 15:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It looks like you might be trying to change to a lower monthly cost plan @Misspeace

If so, unfortunately this can’t be done until the 24-month minimum term has finished.
If you changed to a lower monthly cost during the minimum term, your handset wouldn’t be fully paid off at the end of your contract minimum term.

Userlevel 1

Hi this is not true based on the guidance and information of the iD policy. Please see below:

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you on a 12-month minimum term handset contract @Misspeace
iD Mobile don’t seem to sell these anymore. 

For an iD 24-month minimum term handset contract, if you changed to a cheaper monthly plan without changing the contract minimum term, you won’t have paid off the handset once the minimum term finishes. 

The iD plans seem designed around a fixed minimum term, without flexibility in this area.

Userlevel 1

I’m on a 24 month contract, it doesn’t say anything about 24 months on their website so how are you getting to Thai conclusion? 
What do you think the minimum term is and how is it possible I haven’t paid of my handset? My upgrade is literally in 6 weeks time.

Again nothing you have said is in-line with iD policy or guidance so how can I just take it as gospel. 

I’ve been given and presented with the option to change my plan on the app and it keeps saying error. You keep saying minimum but you haven’t stated what that minimum is 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

how are you getting to Thai conclusion? 

I’m on a 24 month contract

Unfortunately @andewhite is correct in what he says.

Userlevel 1

What is the minimum for a 24 month contract and where is this stated?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What is the minimum for a 24 month contract and where is this stated?

Okay @Misspeace, information about the minimum term (period) would usually be included in the iD contract terms and conditions agreed at the time of purchase. 

For a 24-month minimum term contract, the minimum term (period) is 24-months.

An iD Mobile pay monthly contract will continue indefinitely, unless the customer or iD decide to terminate the contract. If you decide to terminate an iD contract within the minimum term, iD Mobile will charge an early termination fee as per terms and conditions.

Userlevel 1

You have provided information about termination. I am not terminating, I am changing my plan with the options provided to me on the change your plan section. Which returns with an error message. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, the iD Mobile online and iD app self-service applications/systems aren’t perfect, and sometimes online information appears to be out-of-date.

Hopefully, the iD support team will soon read your forum post, and then post an ‘official’ explanation about the error message. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You have provided information about termination. I am not terminating, I am changing my plan with the options provided to me on the change your plan section. Which returns with an error message. 

Instead of ignoring what you’re being told and repeating yourself here on the community forum, speak to live chat. It won’t make any difference though, you won’t be able to downgrade your plan regardless.

https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Userlevel 1

Thank you andewhite

welshpaul watch your tone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Misspeace,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are in a 24 month contract you won’t be able to choose a cheaper plan until your minimum term has passed.

Once the minimum term has passed you shouldn’t have any issues with the plan change.

As you agreed to a 24 month contract you agreed to pay the minimum amount that was agreed which means that you can’t get any cheaper plan whilst in contract.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?