Solved

Check payment details on new Upgrade plan

• 8 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Where do i check and amend payment details in My account.

I have just upgraded online from a 12 month plan (expired on 28 Nov 22) to a 30 day account.

iD Pay Monthly SIM (Upgrade)

30 days rolling
Data: 24GB
Minutes: Unlimited
Texts: Unlimited
Bill cap: £10.00
Pay monthly: £8.00

I entered my Card details as requested during the upgrade so ID could take 1p from it and following the checkout I see this message.

“Log in to the iD Mobile app or My Account online and head to ‘Edit my Profile’ to change your details. iD Pay Monthly SIM Cost to be debited: £8.00 per month”

For 4 years I have paid  by direct debit and the details on my ID account are my bank account details NOT my card details.

Has the order been placed and will it be processed. What do I have to do to ensure I am changed to the new plan and receive the new Sim card - if I need a new SIM now..

NB.  My phone is 4G but a Live Chat confirmed the plan is compatible with 4G phones,

icon

Best answer by andewhite 8 December 2022, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve upgraded successfully, the change can take up to 24 hours to appear in your “My iD Account” online (and the iD app).

Your new pay monthly plan should use the existing direct debit, which is already setup.

Good luck @Figgis

Userlevel 1

andewhite  thanks for replying.

Why was I asked for my card details so ID could deduct 1 penny from it. It wasn’t a check on my Direct Debit details which have been the same since I first joined ID Mobile.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

andewhite  thanks for replying.

Why was I asked for my card details so ID could deduct 1 penny from it. It wasn’t a check on my Direct Debit details which have been the same since I first joined ID Mobile.

I suspect this is a quirk of the iD Mobile upgrade process.

iD have designed their process primarily for handset upgrades, which often require a down-payment in advance.

If you upgrade from a handset contract to a SIM only contract, there’s no real need for an upfront payment, but their system probably doesn’t handle this scenario so has been fudged.

Good luck @Figgis

Userlevel 1

andewhite   “If you upgrade from a handset contract to a SIM only contract, there’s no real need for an upfront payment”

I’m upgrading from one SIM plan to another SIM plan.

I will check my account tomorrow evening to see if the new Sim plan is registered.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 1

andewhite

I’m pleased to tell you that the upgrade now shows on my account. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

andewhite

I’m pleased to tell you that the upgrade now shows on my account. Thanks for your help.

Hey @Figgis,

I’m pleased to hear that and that @andewhite  was able to support you here. 

Let us know if you need any further help 🙂

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?