Question

Contract problem!

• 18 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Last week I took out a sim-only contract with ID Mobile but have now seen a phone I would like to have on a pay monthly contract.

Today I decided to pre-order the phone but for some reason I have been declined, possibly due to a credit search.

I don't have any bad credit history and have held phone contracts for over a decade. 

Having looked in to it I've read that other people have had this happen to them when trying to set up a contract whilst also having a contract with ID Mobile. 

Any suggestions please? 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Damon85,

Buy the phone you want somewhere else and make sure it’s unlocked, then use it with your SIM only plan.  

I’d also recommend waiting until the phone is actually in-stock before you buy it.

Anyway, good luck.

Hello @Damon85,

Buy the phone you want somewhere else and make sure it’s unlocked, then use it with your SIM only plan.  

I’d also recommend waiting until the phone is actually in-stock before you buy it.

Anyway, good luck.

I would be paying way more than I can get the phone on contract. 

I've also discovered you can't upgrade from a monthly sim only plan to a handset until 6 months later, that is a ridiculous proposition.

I am now stuck with a faulty phone when I am wanting to upgrade. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Damon85, why not lease (monthly) a working phone from Music Magpie until you’re eligible for an upgrade on your iD SIM only plan - the phone you want should be in-stock by then too.

Anyway, good luck. 

I feel letdown by the service so far and need a new phone, at least I lasted a week. 😁

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, not great @Damon85.

According to OFCOM survey data, published online on 06-Sep-2021, iD Mobile ranks above the industry average for customer complaints:

Sad times.  

Yeah, not great @Damon85.

According to OFCOM survey data, published online on 06-Sep-2021, iD Mobile ranks above the industry average for customer complaints:

Sad times.  

Terrible mate, only just joined last week as well.

You'd think they would be a little flexible regarding my situation. 

A simple upgrade would solve the matter easily but now I'm either tied to a supposed monthly sim only plan for 6 months or I cancel, sadly I have to do the latter as I need a phone.

I believed this sim only plan would be the perfect choice until I found a handset I wanted, how wrong was I. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes indeed @Damon85, seems rigid procedures trump flexibility.

Hopefully things will be better at your next mobile network provider - good luck.

Yes indeed @Damon85, seems rigid procedures trump flexibility.

Hopefully things will be better at your next mobile network provider - good luck.

It would help if you could actually speak to someone over the phone, a manager for example. 

Yep, I've been with EE for years and tbh they have been great but can't justify the prices they charge these days. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yep @Damon85, EE’s prices certainly make me gulp, but I guess the best network (according to Kev) and telephone support don’t come cheap.

No frills with cheap-as-chips iD.

Why iD Mobile?