Solved

credit File on my account

• 28 July 2023
  • 4 replies

it appears to be a very common thread on here. An entry on a credit file for a bill I do not owe. I lived in America for 3 years, came back to find my credit file has an £11 owing? Never used account, paid the PAYG sim to date. I have no account or phone number so even if I tried (which I have) to pay this account to rid me of this, I can't. An appalling level of service with no easy pathway to resolution. I need someone from ID Mobile to resolve this. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 July 2023, 13:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It’s a common thread because many people think that canceling a direct debit cancels their service agreement, it doesn’t! Or, they provide the required notice period to iD Mobile but cancel the direct debit before a final bill has been generated/paid. Anyway, you need to speak to a live agent. You can do that here.

Thanks Paul. I get error when I try to click through on that link though. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Andynjd60, if the only iD Mobile SIM you’ve ever had was a PAYG SIM card, there shouldn't be anything outstanding. 

It’s possible somebody could have opened an account fraudulently, using your details. 

You can also contact iD customer services using Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Andynjd60,

PAYG SIMs and PAYM SIMs are two different types of SIMs.

PAYG is topping up as and when or buying bundles so this is not a contract.

PAYM is a recurring monhtly contract with a minimum term that varies based on what you purchased.

For the PAYG SIM, simply stopping using it is fine and it’ll automatically cancel after 4 months of non usage.

For PAYM it doesn’t matter if it’s used or not, you will be billed monthly until you request to cancel.

A PAYG SIM does not impact your credit file in any way due to the nature of the purchase so it sounds like you had a PAYM SIM.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?