Question

Credit rating ruined

• 15 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Please help. I have just discovered that i have an adverse credit file with id mobile. I contracted a sim and changed my mind within the cooling off period. It was confirmed by id mobile that it was cancelled. I never registered or used the sim. I then received a bill for £1.88 which I couldn’t pay as i was told to do it online but i needed to have registered the sim in order to pay. I now have 3 months of missed payments on my credit file and adverse credit registered which has stopped me from getting a mortgage. How can i sort this out? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The payment would have been collected via the direct debit you set up with iD Mobile and no manual payment would have been needed. Well, unless you decided to cancel the direct debit to prevent iD Mobile from taking any due payment.

You do not need to register for an online account to make a payment either. If you want to make a payment manually, call 0333 003 7777, enter your iD Mobile number, then select Option 2 followed by Option 2 again. You can then make a payment for the desired amount via their automated payment line.

Because you were aware there was a payment due, you cancelled the direct debit and left it three months before reaching out for help, it’s unlikely iD Mobile will remove the non-payment marker from your account. This is because they have a legal duty to provide the credit reference agencies with accurate information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kelly Tanner,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear that your credit file has been affected.

It’s important to keep the direct debit active until all payments have been made.

Did you receive any notifications such as letters etc regarding the outstanding amount?

Kash

Thanks @Kash. I received the information not cancel the direct debit after i’d already cancelled it. I then received only one bill via email for £1.68 and was told via chat that i need to pay this online. I tried to pay it online and it wouldn’t let me as I hadn’t registered the sim. I then received no further communication from id mobile. 
On my credit file, it is registered as 3 months of missed payments and then the account was closed. This is not a true reflection of the situation and i would like it to be amended.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kelly Tanner 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?