Question

Damaged phone contract to new phone contract

• 19 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi folks.
I damaged my phone about 6 months ago and decided to open another contract with ID Mobile for a new phone.
I never activated the new sim that came with it but continued to use the old sim in my new phone.
The old contract is now ended with my old damaged phone but want to keep the old sim in my new phone.
How do I cancel the old contract but keep my old sim going?
Thanks you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

My first ID contract ends in May for my damaged phone. The sim for that phone is now in my new 2nd ID contract taken out. What happens to my  1st sim number when the first contract ends in May?
Can I continue to use it in my new phone?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @stezza, it sounds like you want to cancel the old plan that’s come to an end, but retain the number and use it with your new phone? It’s not possible to transfer numbers internally like this, so the only way you could achieve this is by performing what’s known as a triangle port.

This is when you use another network SIM as a stepping stone for the number. You’d just need a cheap PAYG SIM from another network, and then port the number like so:

Old iD line > Other network > New iD line

To get started, from the OLD SIM, text PAC to 65075. Then give that PAC to your ‘new’, temporary network. Once the number transfers, text PAC to 65075 from THAT SIM, and then give THAT PAC to us here, entering your new iD Mobile line’s number where it says “iD Mobile number”.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks Rory,
Looks like I have lost my old number had it for many many years. I wasn't aware of all the above at the time so will just have to lose my number. It’s all a bit complicated for me, thought it would be easy.

You live and learn!

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @stezza, sorry to hear this. The only way to keep your number is to upgrade; taking out a new line would result in a new number, and it’s not possible to carry a number from one iD line to another.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks Rory, I couldnt upgrade because I had 6 months or so left on the contract before I could do so.
Which is why I had to get a new contract and new phone.
Cheers

Why iD Mobile?