Question

Data Allowance has Not Updated with New Plan

• 10 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I was planning to add a data add-on to my current plan.

However, when I went to do this, I saw a notice stating that I could instead make a change to my plan which would take effect on the same day. Please see attached screenshot. So, I chose to do this.

My bill has updated to take the increased amount but the data allowance has remained the same.

Please advise.

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately it can sometimes take the “My iD Account” system 24-48 hours to resync with the back-end billing systems, after which time the correct allowances should be shown at https://my.idmobile.co.uk, and the iD app.

If not, you may need to Live Chat with iD customer service, @bngllghr

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for this reply.

Will my new unlimited data allowance be available to use today (even if it’s not showing in the app)?

I tried chat but it wasn’t very helpful.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve not changed plan before, so I’m not sure. 

I guess it could take 1-2 hours for the billing systems to update after a change.
iD Mobile appear to be a no-frills operator, so things do always happen as expected. 

Did you chat with an agent, or the chat-bot, @bngllghr?
To chat with an agent, type “talk to a person” after connecting, and avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Userlevel 1

Cool, thanks. I’ll keep an eye out.

Oh, I didn’t know that about chat, I think it was a bot. I’ll try the other method.

I read something about a dedicated monthly refresh date for allowance updates, which ‘can’t be changed’. So, I’m half prepared for them to say that.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Cool, thanks. I’ll keep an eye out.

Oh, I didn’t know that about chat, I think it was a bot. I’ll try the other method.

I read something about a dedicated monthly refresh date for allowance updates, which ‘can’t be changed’. So, I’m half prepared for them to say that.

You’d hope iD just pro-rata the allowances based on the time period, within the billing period you’ve changed plan. 

If you’ve changed to unlimited data with your ‘new’ plan, it shouldn’t be a hard calculation.

Userlevel 1

Ah, yeah, lol, it should be pretty easy.

If I get a resolution any time soon, I’ll pop back and let the community know.

Userlevel 1

Sorted, you were right, just took a couple of hours.

thanks for your advice @andewhite 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @bngllghr 

Glad to see @andewhite could assist here, thanks for your responses on this @andewhite.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?